All right everyone, here’s an update on my writing goal for 2019 (50 rejections or a literary agent): I’ve submitted 5 queries. That’s 10 percent of my goal–sort of. I’ve received 3 rejections, which means 60 % of what I’ve submitted has been rejected.
So here’s to that 40 % of the 10% that’s still floating around out there.
I’m pretty sure I’m getting some of this math wrong. What do you want from me?
In honor of completing 10% (sort of) of my goal, I’d like to present this list:
Things I would like 10% of:
- a coconut cream pie
- a million dollars
- the tax paperwork I’m about to have to do
- the sass I’ve gotten from my teenager
- a 10 week beach vacation
- the energy and enthusiasm of a toddler
- the money I have paid to insurance companies
- the time I have wasted complaining
- the readership of Stephen King or Eric Carle
- the people of the world to pay attention to each other
What about you? If you could have 10% of something, what would it be?